1.Your privacy is important to Fiona Watson Recruitment
This statement outlines Fiona Watson Recruitment (FWR) policy on how we collect personal information and how we maintain, use, store and disclose the personal information we hold. It applies to all business including visitors to our website.
It is our policy to respect the confidentiality of information and the privacy of individuals. We are bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (APP) contained in the Privacy Act 1988
We are committed to being open and transparent about how we manage your personal information. We only collect information that is reasonably necessary for the proper performance of our activities or functions as a recruitment agency.
2.What personal information is held by us and for what purpose
Personal information includes information regarding your name, contact details, work experience, qualifications, interview feedback, aptitude test results, opinions about your work performance (eg references), incidents at the workplace, and other information obtained or received by us. The purpose for which we collect, use, hold and disclose information will differ depending on whether you are a –
- i) Candidate seeking work – we will use the information to enable work placement operations; recruitment functions; statistical purposes and statutory compliance requirements;
- ii) Employer – we will use the information to enable client and business relationship management; recruitment functions; marketing services to you; statistical purposes and statutory compliance requirements;
iii) Referee – we will use the information to confirm identity and authority to provide references; assess workseeker suitability; recruitment functions;
3.Management of personal information
FWR respect the confidentiality of customer information and the privacy of individuals. We take breaches of your privacy very seriously. Safeguarding the privacy of your information is important to us, whether you interact with us personally, by phone, mail, over the internet or other electronic transaction. We hold personal information in a combination of secure cloud based computer storage facilities and paper-based files and other records, and take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, interference and loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We may need to maintain records for a significant period of time. However, when we consider information is no longer needed, we will remove any details that will identify you or we will securely destroy the records.
Sensitive information is a special category of personal information under the Australian Act. It is information or opinion about you, including; criminal record and health information. As outlined in the Australian Act, sensitive information can only be disclosed with your consent.
4.i.Collection of sensitive information
We may collect personal or sensitive information about you when:
- You complete our registration form or provide any other information in connection with your application for work
- We receive any reference about you
- We receive results of inquiries that we might make of your former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration body
- We receive the results of any competency or medical test or any background check, including credit and criminal record checks
- We receive any complaint or other information from or about you in the workplace
- We receive any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you were involved
- We receive any information about a workplace accident in which you are involved
- We collect information about you from public domain sources
- You provide us with any additional information about you
4.ii.Purposes and use for which we collect personal information
Your personal and sensitive information may be used in connection with:
- Your actual or potential work placement
- Our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects
- Any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo
- Informing you of possible work opportunities, relevant candidates, or other events such as training or information sessions by direct mail/email/sms
- Any workplace rehabilitation
- Our management and resolution of any complaint, inquiry or investigation in which you are involved
- Any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information
- Undertaking criminal reference checks and other background checks, including credit checks
- For research, development, business systems and infrastructure testing, and other business purposes to assist us in providing our services to you
- Our direct marketing to you
If you do not give us the information we seek:
- We may be limited in our ability to locate suitable work for you
- We may be limited in our ability to place you in work
- We may be limited in our ability to source the most relevant candidates for you
We may disclose your personal information (including to trusted third parties) for the purposes for which it is primarily held and in some cases we may only disclose information with your consent. Your personal and sensitive information may be disclosed to:
- Potential and actual employers,
- Third parties for the purposes of assisting us to provide you with our services, and/or to improve the services we offer you including payroll and contractor management solution services.
- External providers of on-line training, induction, onboarding and background checking agencies – eg criminal record and credit checking
- A Workers Compensation body
- Any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information
6.How do we keep personal information accurate and up to date?
FWR takes such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the personal information it holds and discloses is accurate, up to date, complete, relevant and not misleading. Please advise us when your personal details change. This is important so that we can provide the best and most relevant service to you. We recognise that information changes frequently with changes of address and other personal circumstances. We generally update your information over the telephone or via email.
Sometimes, we collect personal information that individuals choose to give us via online forms or by email, for example when you make a written online enquiry or email us through our website; submit a resume by email or through our website; contact us by email
It is important that you understand that there are risks associated with use of the Internet and you should take all appropriate steps to protect your personal information. You can contact us by telephone or post if you have concerns about making contact via the Internet. All electronic transactions are protected, wherever possible, by our internet security processes and systems
8.Enquiries & complaints
You can make enquiries, requests to access/delete or correct your information, or complain about alleged breaches of the APP’s to Fiona Watson at firstname.lastname@example.org
We aim to acknowledge receipt of all complaints within 10 working days, and aim to resolve all complaints within 30 working days. This may not be possible in all circumstances depending on the contents of the complaint. If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, in Australia you can contact the Australian Information Commissioner.
9.Your access to information
Subject to some exceptions that are set out in the Australian Privacy Principles you can gain access to the personal information that we hold about you. To make a request to access your personal information, please send an email requesting access and your reasons for doing so. We may impose a moderate charge in providing access. You should also anticipate that it may take time to process your application for access as there may be a need to retrieve information and review it in order to determine what information is relevant.